Elementor #820 › Forums › Data-Driven Community › What is The 80/20 rule of email list segmentation? › Reply To: What is The 80/20 rule of email list segmentation?
AdministratorOctober 8, 2020 at 1:52 am
Thanks for the feedback that it is not 100% clear. I’ll likely re-teach the lesson to make it more clear.
But in short, the rule is around list segmentation.
- Don’t fall into the trap of trying to “over segment” your list by including tons of tags for your subscribers. It can overcomplicate your marketing process
- The rule that we follow is to subscribe people to lists based on:
- What originally got them ONTO the list (which freebie they downloaded)
- Which products / services they have purchased
- Which products / services they were about to purchase (abandon cart or specific sign up for the product)
With the knowledge of those tags alone, you can create effective marketing messages and automations without getting stuck in the weeds.